As you guys know, I've been doing quite a bit of taste testing when it comes to all these free books I've been reading since signing up with Bookbub. Don't worry guys, I've found some great series through this site that I'm going to share with you guys in next month's book post! I'll still be writing reviews for some of the random books I read throughout the month, but there are some great stories that I want to finish to the end!



15 minutes is a great story following a young girl as she tries to correct the past. As the story progresses, the plot becomes more and more interesting. By the end of the book, I was ready to read the next in the series as the story and ideas the author built became more interesting than I anticipated. This book is 100% about the main protagonist, and while that's okay, I hope the author works to round out the other characters in future books. 





As you no doubt know by now, I love a good dystopian plot. The author made the main character of the story an unlikely young overweight guy who loves video games. I really appreciated the different angle for this type of story...until I realized it was a typical nerdy guy gets the hot girl story. A ridiculous amount of the book was spent with the main character ogling his female companions. While this isn't a usual turnoff for me in a book, the serious lack of personality of the female characters was. If the relationships were meant to be casual, a lack of interest in personality on the main characters part isn't a problem. That being said, the main character was portrayed as being practically in love with this girl, but I don't think there was ever any mention of what he actually liked about her other than her boobs. It's really a shame because the story itself wasn't half bad.


So, my question to you is, What's your biggest turnoffs in a book?