Being the lingerie lover that I am, most of my sewing projects include the use of one slippery fabric or the other. Cutting has always been my most hated task when it comes to sewing. When dealing with slippery fabrics, it's so easy for a piece to get off grain and skew your entire project. And cutting bias strips? Forget about it. Wobbly and crooked edges aren't what I'm going for.



Recently, I learned from a fabric cutter that if you put paper underneath your fabric and patterns it's much easier to cut. All you do is pin your pattern to your fabric and paper, and cutting is a breeze. Don't worry about dulling your scissors with the paper either. Somehow, my scissors are as sharp as ever. It doesn't necessarily matter what kind of paper, but I've seen people use tissue paper, shipping/craft paper, and alphanumeric paper. Above I'm using craft paper under my fabric, but  I suggest using something that is no heavier than regular printing paper as pinning will be a bit easier. 


Do you have any tips for cutting slippery fabrics?