Hey everyone! How many of you guys have heard about this nifty invention? When I saw this attachment in action, I knew it was going to save me some serious time! 


Here's the ruffler foot in it's full glory. It may look a little intimidating at first, but I promise it's very easy to use! To start off, you'll want to thread your needle before putting the foot on your machine as it is a bit difficult to do after the fact.


When attaching this foot to your machine, there are a couple of things to keep in mind. 

This particular foot required me to remove not only my regular foot but also the shank or "ankle" and replace my shank screw with a special screw that came with the foot.


On the other side of the ruffler foot, is a little fork that will go around your needle screw. The fork allows the foot to count the number of stitches which is important because we will be telling the foot how many stitches are between each pleat.


On the top of this ruffler foot are options for how often you want your fabric pleated. For this post, I chose to do 1 pleat every 6 stitches.


If you're working with only 1 layer of fabric, simply place your fabric under the foot and in the guide to the right of the foot. Be sure your fabric is past the needle a bit.


Set your machine to a straight stitch with a width of 0. I set my stitch length to 2.5, but you can play this number to change the distance between pleats.


Now you can start stitching!


To ruffle a piece of fabric to another, place the fabric not being ruffled under the foot.


The fabric you want to be ruffled will go in the same place as before. Be sure to line up the edges of the 2 fabrics. Go slowly at first as controlling both fabrics at the same time can be tricky.


And voila! Perfectly pleated fabric!


How great would this be for a skirt or pillow!? I love that this foot completely eliminates the need to press and pin all of your pleats in place.